At ISU we are dedicated to your success as a graduate student. As a first step, we have collected information on application requirements as well as links where you can find further information. We encourage you to explore.
To be admitted to the program, students will be required to meet the following prerequisites:
- Obtain a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Graduate in the top half of your class (GPA of 3.0 preferred)
- Successfully complete the following ISU courses or their equivalent at another institution:
- Agronomy 114: Principles of Crop Production OR Horticulture 221: Principles of Horticulture (3 credits)
- Biology 101: Introductory Biology (3 credits)
- Math 140: College Algebra (3 credits)
- Statistics 104: Introduction to Statistics (3 credits)
These prerequisites have been limited to those considered essential because many potential students for the degree program will not have majored in agronomy as undergraduates.
Generally, students who have completed a 4-year degree from a College of Agriculture will have satisfied most of these requirements. Meeting the requirements mentioned above does not guarantee admission. If you do not currently meet the requirements, we can advise you on how to prepare yourself to enter the program.
ISU-wide: Academic Records, GPA, Statement of Purpose, Letter of Recommendations
Application Deadlines: Continual review; no deadline for admission
Program Requires GRE: No
Program Requires GMAT : No
Publications list, if applicable, should be submitted as a PDF in the online application system
Resume and publications list should be submitted as PDFs in the online application system
Additional International Requirements:
English Proficiency Minimum:
TOEFL Paper (PBT)
TOEFL Internet (iBT)
Program Will Review Without TOEFL or IELTS: No
Financial Statement: Application
If you have met all the requirements above and would like to apply to the program, please follow this link to get started with your online graduate application. Note: there is a $60 fee to apply for admission at Iowa State University for US applicants and $100 fee for international applicants.
Master's Offered: Master of Science (M.S.)