Education and Outreach in Agricultural and Natural Resources Graduate Certificate
Help Others Boost Knowledge and Decision-Making
Required credits: 15
A certificate enhances an individual’s professional skills and knowledge. This online certificate supports individuals who work with industry, extension, nonprofits, and government who want to polish their practice in nonformal education and outreach. The certificate provides graduate level opportunities in a way that is more comprehensive than most professional development programs.
This certificate develops skillsets that assist with the adoption and transfer of this new information. The curriculum includes needs assessment and instruction, transfer of learning and evaluation. Students will have the opportunity to focus on adult and youth learners.
The Education and Outreach in Agriculture and Natural Resources Certificate is an online program housed in the Department of Agricultural Education and Studies at Iowa State University.
Program at a Glance
- Apply diffusion of innovation and other agricultural and natural resource adoption models.
- Manage needs assessments, instruction, transfer of learning to deliver high quality ANR programs.
- Strategize ways to remove barriers to programs based in ability, culture, gender, race, and diverse identities.
- Improve agricultural and natural resource programs through contemporary evaluation designs through in-person and digital surveys, focus groups, and interviews.
- New insights into land-grant history and frameworks, and other government, nonprofit and agribusiness approaches to outreach.
- It is not intended for K-12 agriculture teacher licensure programming
- AGEDS 520: Instructional Methods for Adult and Higher Education in Agriculture and Natural Resources (3 credits)
- AGEDS 524: Program Development and Evaluation for Agricultural and Extension Education (3 credits)
- AGEDS 561: Technology Transfer for Agriculture and Extension Education (3 credits)
- AGEDS 511: Professional Agriculture Presentation Practices (3 credits)
- AGEDS 568: Qualitative Interviews and Analysis (3 credits)
- AGEDS 580x: A Survey of Leadership Theories (3 credits)
- C DEV: Any 500-level (3 credits)
- PLP/HORT/ENT/AGRON 581: (1 credit)
- YTH: Any 500-level (3 credits)